Not all car accident cases require the assistance of a lawyer. For example, if the accident caused only minor property damage, you can likely deal directly with insurance providers to resolve your claim.
However, it’s a good idea to contact a lawyer if:
- You were seriously injured as a result of the accident.
- It’s unclear who was at fault for the accident.
- You’re not sure how much your car accident claim is worth.
- The insurance company tries to minimize or deny your claim.
- You are forced to negotiate for the settlement you deserve.
- Another driver tries to blame you for the accident.
- Another driver files a lawsuit against you.