Personal injury accidents such as truck crashes and slip and fall accidents result in a number of injuries. One of the most serious of these is any injury that involves the brain.
The brain is an extremely delicate organ. Although the brain is protected by the skull, this is not always enough protection. Serious blows to the head and penetration injuries can be devastating to accident victims. The impact of brain injuries can remain with a victim for their entire life.
Accident victims that suffer from brain injuries can claim compensation against the at-fault person that caused the accident. However, no one should file these claims on their own. Our Lawrenceville brain injury lawyers understand the complexities of these cases. We can help accident victims secure the full amount of compensation they need.
Why You Need to Talk to a Lawrenceville Brain Injury Lawyer
Many procedural rules and steps are involved in a personal injury claim. You may not be aware of these details. However, failing to follow them can bar your claim – and block you from securing any compensation. Our Lawrenceville brain injury lawyers know how to properly file these claims. We can give you the best chance of success.
Our attorneys understand the legal processes of personal injury claims. We also take care of every aspect of the claim. Our lawyers will conduct a full investigation and collect evidence to prove someone else was negligent and caused the accident.
Our injury lawyers will also negotiate effectively with the insurance company. We will take them to trial if they refuse to offer a fair settlement. Our brain injury lawyers can take on all of these tasks while you focus on your recovery.
Compensation After a Traumatic Brain Injury
Many losses, or damages, can occur when an accident causes a traumatic brain injury. If you want to secure the full amount of compensation you’re owed, you should include all of these losses in your claim
Common damages in traumatic brain injury cases include:
- Current and future medical expenses
- Lost income
- Loss of earning capacity
- Renovations made to the home to accommodate the injury
- Property damage
- Pain and suffering
- Emotional distress
- Loss of enjoyment of life
Our Lawrenceville brain injury lawyers can review your case and outline all of the damages you deserve. An attorney can also evaluate the full amount of damages, including losses that are harder to quantify, such as pain and suffering.
Common Causes of Traumatic Brain Injury
The many causes of traumatic brain injuries include, for example:
- Auto accidents – During a car crash, accident victims can hit their head on the steering wheel, dashboard, and other objects inside the car. The result may be a traumatic brain injury.
- Dog bites and attacks – When a dog attacks or bites, victims can be knocked to the ground, hitting their heads and causing a brain injury.
- Product liability accidents – No one expects a product, such as a bicycle helmet, to be defective. The defect can result in a traumatic brain injury during an accident.
- Slip and fall accidents – Persons who slip and fall often hit their head on the ground and suffer a traumatic brain injury.
- Premises liability accidents – Unsafe conditions on a property, such as loose shelves or uneven flooring, can cause a brain injury if the accident victim falls or if something falls on them.
- Crimes occurring because of negligent security – Violent acts can cause a person to be struck in the head. The injury may also be caused by a fall or a push to the ground.
When any of these accidents cause a brain injury, victims should speak to our lawyers for help with their claim.
Symptoms of a Head Injury
A head injury has many possible symptoms. Accident victims may experience several of these, or just one or two. Symptoms may include:
- Mental confusion
- Loss of consciousness
- Vomiting and/or nausea
- Speech issues
- Issues sleeping
- Problems with coordination and balance
- Problems with senses, including blurred vision and ringing in the ears
- Problems concentrating
- Behavioral changes
Some symptoms may appear right away. Others may take several days to present themselves.
Treatment for Brain Injuries
Many brain injuries, such as concussions, do not require any treatment other than rest. However, further treatment is sometimes necessary. Treatment may include physical therapy, speech therapy, occupational therapy, and cognitive therapy.
A doctor may also prescribe medication along with therapy and rest. Medications may be used to treat the actual injury or underlying symptoms, such as depression and anxiety.
In the most extreme cases, surgery may be required to treat a brain injury. This is typically reserved for emergency situations, such as when blood clots must be removed or the skull has sustained fractures. Brain surgery comes with many risks, so this treatment is only used when absolutely necessary.
Talk to a Brain Injury Lawyer in Lawrenceville Now
A brain injury is one of the most severe injuries an accident victim can suffer. These injuries can require weeks or even months of recovery. In some cases, accident victims never make a full recovery.
It is crucial that brain injury victims speak to a Lawrenceville brain injury lawyer. At Cain Injury Law, our attorneys understand how complex these cases can become. Our attorneys also know how to overcome the legal challenge. If you or a loved is suffering from a brain injury due to an accident caused by someone else, call us or contact us online to schedule your free case review.